Welcome to Prince William Trails & Streams Coalition (PWTSC), an active non-profit organization located within Virginia’s Prince William County. Our members are dedicated to establishing and promoting a county wide system of trails and blueways that connect parks with our communities. PWTSC has 501(c)(3) status and can accept your tax deductible donations and contributions.
The Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition successfully coordinated and conducted a multi-prong clean-up event from 9 different sites along more than 25 miles of the Occoquan River and 10.5 miles of Cedar Run. The clean-up ranged from the Fauquier … Continue reading
Thirty-two volunteers gathered at Veteran’s Park on Saturday, March 22 to do a spring cleanup, focusing on Marumsco Creek and the wetlands. Volunteers removed 2,135 pounds of trash, including lots of bottles, cans, food wrappers, Styrofoam, plastic bags, balls, lumber with nails, 17 tires, a fire extinguisher, a 5 gallon bucket of stucco, a gallon of used motor oil, buckets, toys, and a whole lot more.
PWTSC volunteers worked to clear trails and complete other trail maintenance at Locust Shade Park on Feb 8. There were fallen trees on the trails in several places, including a section along the power line easement where clearing by utility crews had left trees blocking the trail. Locust Shade Park has a great network of trails, and they are ready to use!
We’re planning these events in 2014, providing opportunities for stewardship and public service, promoting outdoor recreation, and just having fun. We invite you to participate. Check our events listing for more information on these events as the dates approach.
- January 11 – Dove’s Landing exploratory walk
- February 8 – Locust Shade Park exploratory walk & maintenance
- March 8 – Broad Run trail work
- March 22 – Veteran’s Park cleanup
- April 12 – Occoquan cleanup
- May 16 – Bike to Work Day
- June 7 – National Trails Day – Powell’s Landing
- July 12 – Long Park maintenance
- August 2 – Tour of the Towns
- August 9 – Locust Shade Park work day
- September 2 – National Public Lands Day – Dove’s Landing
- November 8 – Veteran’s Park cleanup
- December 6 – Jingle Bell Run