Become a member or renew your existing membership. Your support matters!
Your tax deductible donation helps fund trail building and maintenance right here in Prince William County.
Veteran’s Park and Marumsco creek cleanup – March 22, 2014
Welcome to Prince William Trails & Streams Coalition (PWTSC), an active non-profit organization located within Virginia’s Prince William County. Our members are dedicated to establishing and promoting a county wide system of trails and blueways that connect parks with our communities. PWTSC has 501(c)(3) status and can accept your tax deductible donations and contributions.
Trail maintenance at Locust Shade Park – Feb 8, 2014
PWTSC volunteers worked to clear trails and complete other trail maintenance at Locust Shade Park on Feb 8. There were fallen trees on the trails in several places, including a section along the power line easement where clearing by utility crews had left trees blocking the trail. Locust Shade Park has a great network of trails, and they are ready to use!
PWTSC Calendar of Events – 2014
We’re planning these events in 2014, providing opportunities for stewardship and public service, promoting outdoor recreation, and just having fun. We invite you to participate. Check our events listing for more information on these events as the dates approach.
- January 11 – Dove’s Landing exploratory walk
- February 8 – Locust Shade Park exploratory walk & maintenance
- March 8 – Broad Run trail work
- March 22 – Veteran’s Park cleanup
- April 12 – Occoquan cleanup
- May 16 – Bike to Work Day
- June 7 – National Trails Day – Powell’s Landing
- July 12 – Long Park maintenance
- August 2 – Tour of the Towns
- August 9 – Locust Shade Park work day
- September 2 – National Public Lands Day – Dove’s Landing
- November 8 – Veteran’s Park cleanup
- December 6 – Jingle Bell Run
First Day Hike on the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail
This group of hikers chose to open the new year with an outdoor experience, joining the Potomac Heritage Trail Association, Sierra Club Potomac Regional Outings, and PWTSC for a First Day Hike along the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail.
Marumsco Creek Cleanup
On Saturday, November 16, 2013, we sponsored another stream cleanup at Marumsco Creek in Veterans Park. The Prince William (PW) County Parks and Recreation Department, Neabsco Action Alliance, Keep PW Beautiful, and PW Soil & Water Conservation District all partnered with us for the cleanup. Sixty volunteers came out to help clean up trash around the creek.